Mobile Casinos South Africa
In recent years, more and more South Africans prefer to play their favourite online casino games on their mobile devices. The result has been an explosion of mobile casinos in South Africa.
Aware of the growing need for quality mobile casinos in ZAR, software companies continue to produce games to meet the demand. Players can find an amazing range of games to play from the palm of their hands. The best mobile casinos allow players to pay in ZAR (South African Rands), using local banking systems for the ultimate in convenience.
We have put together a fantastic list of the top mobile casinos in South Africa. Our team has worked tirelessly to provide the most updated information about the most rewarding mobile bonuses for our players. Find out all there is to know about picking the right mobile casino in South Africa for you!
Top Mobile Casinos in Zar
Bonuses and Promotions Available for Smartphone Users
No Deposit Mobile Bonuses
If you want to try out a mobile casino but aren’t too keen to deposit money into your account just yet, the best type of bonus you will find is a No Deposit Mobile Bonus. This type of bonus is exactly what it sounds like: A bonus that does not require a deposit in order to receive it.
What are the advantages of a No Deposit Mobile Bonus? It gives you the opportunity to test drive the casino without spending any of your own bankroll just yet. It introduces you to the games and software and it lets you decide for yourself if you’re ready to start playing for real money or not.
How does this work? After registering with the mobile casino, you’ll be credited with free casino money to use towards playing the mobile games. The amount is not huge, but it should be just enough to get an idea of what the SA mobile casino is all about, and you get to keep your winnings.
Bonuses and Promotions Available for Smartphone Users
Deposit Mobile Bonuses
Once you’ve tried out the No Deposit Mobile Bonus, and you feel that you want to start playing for real money, you can redeem the welcome bonus offered by the casino. Of course, there’s no rule that says that you need to redeem the No Deposit Bonus, and you can go straight to the Deposit Bonus.
So what is a Deposit Mobile Bonus? These types of offers are usually in the form of a match bonus, whereby your first (and sometimes second/third/fourth/specified number) deposit is matched by a certain percentage. For example, a 100% match bonus up to R1,000, means that the mobile casino will give you R1,000 in free casino credits. In that way, you’ll have R2,000 to play with altogether.
To redeem a welcome bonus, you need to first open an account with the mobile casino and make a deposit using a banking system of your choice. SA mobile casinos support a wide range of payment methods that suit local players and accept ZAR as a currency.
Free Spins Mobile Bonuses
Mobile casinos will sometimes give you the opportunity to get rewarded in the form of free spins on new or popular slot games. The number of free spins that you receive will change from mobile casino to casino, and from offer to offer. Nevertheless, this is a great way to discover new or much-loved slot games and spin them for free. Casinos also allow you to keep the winnings!
Good Phone Coverage (Network)
To truly enjoy your mobile casino games, you should make sure that you have a good cellular network. Good phone coverage means good signal strength – critical when you want to play mobile games smoothly and seamlessly. The last thing you want is to be interrupted with breakage in your gaming session while you’re in the middle of an exciting game.
A good point to note is that mobile casinos are a good solution to deal with South Africa’s regular power outages. Networks such as Vodacom, Cell C and MTN are usually not affected by power losses, which means great mobile gaming entertainment – even in the dark!
Download vs No Download Mobile Casinos
No Download Casinos (Instant-Play)
The majority of mobile casinos fall into the category of No Download casinos. These are casinos that can be accessed directly from your mobile device browser and the games can be played instantly. Hence the alternative name; instant play mobile casinos. Think of No Download Casinos as sites that you access from your mobile phone in the same way that you access online casinos on your desktop PC.
Download Casinos (Mobile Casino Apps)
In contrast to No Download casinos, Download Mobile Casinos require that you download apps from the Play Store or Google Store (depending on which mobile device you use). Install the app onto your mobile device, deposit into the cashier and redeem mobile casino bonuses.
It’s important to note that not all casinos have apps that you can download, but the majority of them can be accessed from your smartphone or tablet (instant-play mobile casinos).
Android Casino Apps
Users of Android devices can download apps directly from the online casino site or directly from the Google Play Store. The app will be installed on your smartphone or tablet. Follow the instructions to create a username and password, and then set up your gambling account. Deposit via the casino cashier and enter the mobile casino promo code to get yourself a welcome bonus.
IOS Casino Apps
If you have an Apple device such as an iPad or iPhone, you can head to the iOS App Store and download dedicated mobile casino apps onto your device, or click the download button from the casino site. The device will present you with complete installation instructions, explaining how to create your casino account, how to deposit, play and cash out your winnings using the app.
No Download (Instant Play, Mobile Browser Optimised Casinos) vs Download (Mobile Casino Apps)
|No Download Mobile Casino||Download Mobile Casino|
|No installation required||App is always available on mobile device, with no need to browse to search for site.|
|Can be accessed instantly||Mobile app can be customized so that players are always aware of new games or promotions thanks to notifications.|
|Play mobile casino games on multiple devices.||Mobile device needs storage space and enough memory for app to be installed on device.|
|Mobile casino needs to be loaded on browser each time|
Game Selection at South African Mobile Casinos
South Africans are spoiled for chance when it comes to the games selection at leading mobile casinos. All new games are developed and coded in HTML5. In layman’s terms, that means that they are fully compatible with any mobile browser. The games that you find on the desktop version of your PC can be played just as well on your mobile device.
These are just some of the games you will find at South African mobile casinos:
Slots – Slots are probably the most popular mobile casino games. At SA mobile casinos, you’ll find everything from classic slot games to bonus-rich video slots. You can even play progressive jackpot slots, with the chance to win tens of millions of Rands from practically anywhere you may be! Spin the reels of fantastic slots by some of the best software providers in the world.
Table Games – Whether you love to spin the roulette wheel or play blackjack, you can do it all from your mobile device. Play top quality card and table games for real money at leading SA mobile casinos.
Live Dealer Games – The next best thing to sitting down to a blackjack table at a SA brick-and-mortar casino is playing Live Dealer Games on your smartphone or tablet. Take the live dealers with you in your back pocket, and then whip them out as you watch them spin the wheel or deal the cards. You can even chat to them as you play!
Lottery Games – South Africans love lottery games, and there are some excellent titles available at mobile casinos. From Keno to virtual sports, lottery games are highly entertaining and rewarding.
Payment Options available for Mobile Casinos
The best mobile casinos make sure that they have a great range of payment options for their players to choose from. South African mobile casinos support payment in ZAR (South African Rand), so that you don’t need to deal with pesky, expensive and inconvenient conversion rates.
Most payment options require that you withdraw your winnings using the same method used to deposit funds into your account.
You’ll typically find three main kinds of payment options at SA mobile casinos – credit or debit cards, bank transfers (AKA EFTs) and e-wallets. Some also support other payment methods.
- Credit or debit cards: These are the most popular form of payment among SA gamblers since they are easy to use and familiar. Examples of credit/debit cards include Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- Bank transfers: EasyEFT was created especially with South Africans in mind and acts as an alternative to credit cards. The electronic funds transfer is essentially a middleman between your South African bank account and your online casino account.
- E-Wallets: Electronic wallets are internet-based. They are discreet, convenient and are a great alternative to credit cards or bank transfers. Examples of SA-friendly e-wallets include Skrill (formerly Moneybookers), Neteller or EcoPayz.
Tips to help you pick the Right Mobile Casino
- Game Availability: You want to have the most entertaining mobile gaming experience, and that starts with the range of mobile games available on the platform. A good mobile casino ensures that there is a balanced selection of titles by reputable vendors, so that you are never bored. The best mobile casinos including all types of slots, as well as blackjack, roulette, poker, video poker and live games.
- Casino Bonuses: Rewards are an important factor when choosing a mobile casino. After all, you want your bankroll to stretch as far as possible. The best mobile casinos are those that offer lucrative bonuses, including no deposit bonuses. Make sure that the offers have fair wagering conditions. Don’t forget to read the terms and conditions before redeeming an offer.
- Banking Methods: Check to see what type of banking methods are supported by the mobile casino. Can you pay in ZAR? Are the payment methods recognisable to you as a SA player? Will it be easy and convenient for you to deposit funds into your account and withdraw your winnings?
- Tough Security Measures: You want to make sure that your finances and private details are kept protected at all times. The mobile casino should adopt the best security measures such as SSL encryption, data protection policies and other measures. You want to have complete peace of mind when gambling on your mobile device.
- Fast Payouts: You want to get your hands on your winnings as quickly as possible. The best SA mobile casinos ensure swift and secure payout processes.
- Licensed and Regulated: It is absolutely imperative that a mobile casino is licensed and regulated by a reputable gambling authority. Random Number Generators should be certified as safe and fair by independent testing houses.
- Impeccable Customer Support: SA mobile casinos have customer support that is available 24/7, contactable via email, phone or live chat. They also boast extensive FAQ sections.
- Ease of Use: You want your mobile casino to be easy to navigate. You want to be able to find games at the touch of a button or at a sweep of your screen. Games should load fast, and all areas should be easily accessible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are Mobile Casinos Safe?
The vast majority of mobile casinos are safe and secure. They use the last word in mobile security to keep your information and funds safe. We recommend that you play at mobile casinos recommended by our expert team, which has tested the safety and security of the casinos on our list.
Can you win Real Money at Mobile Casinos?
Yes you can! When you play real money casino games at mobile casinos, you put yourself in line to win real jackpots. The winnings are credited to your mobile casino account, and you can withdraw them once you have completed the bonus wagering requirements. You can also choose to play free mobile casino games.
How do I download a Mobile Casino App?
You can either download the mobile casino app from the casino’s desktop version website, or you can go to the Google Store or App Store (depending on your mobile device) and download the app directly.
Do I need to download a mobile casino App to play from my phone?
No you don’t. Most mobile casinos can be played directly from your mobile device’s browser, without the need to download an app.
How do I withdraw winnings from a mobile casino?
If you’ve completed the bonus wagering requirements and you want to withdraw your winnings, head to the mobile casino cashier and begin the withdrawal process. The time that your request is processed varies from casino to casino, but it shouldn’t take longer than 48 hours. Once the process begins, you will be informed when the winnings have been credited to your chosen account using your chosen method.
How do I claim Bonuses and Promotions at a mobile casino?
You can claim bonuses and promotions the same way that you claim them at regular online casinos. After you have registered an account, you can redeem bonuses through the cashier at the mobile casino. Some casinos require that you enter a bonus code, while others credit your account with bonus money or free spins automatically. Check the promotions’ terms and conditions.
Do I need to create a separate mobile account for a casino that I am already registered with?
No. If you have an online casino account, you can use the same details such as password and username to access the casino from your mobile device as well. Your activity will be saved, no matter which device you use, so that all deposits, winnings and other factors can be accessed from the online or mobile casino.