Online Poker Guide for Beginners
Are you keen to start playing online poker but are not sure where to start? Then you have come to the right place. It’s easy and fun to learn online poker and the added advantage is that you won’t be as nervous as when you try to learn the game at a regular poker house. This way you can boost your confidence before you take on the pros!
Online poker beginners should read up extensively on poker before they try out the game. We have listed some basic tips that you can follow to get started:
- Firstly, learn the rules of poker.
- Then make sure that you pick a good online poker room to play at – Check out our online poker directory page.
- Don’t waste your money, start by practicing on the free money tables. Also don’t spend too much of your time on the free tables as you will notice that people bet differently when they don’t have cash at stake.
- Once you have decided on an online poker room, deposit some cash.
- Online poker beginners should start by playing on the low stakes poker tables.
- If you are serious about the game, read a good online poker beginners book.
- Play some more PL/NL/Limit games at the low stakes tables.
- If you plan to stay on at the online poker room, make some notes on regular players you meet.
- Read some more online poker beginners articles.
- Keep playing at the low stakes tables until you start to win on a regular basis.
- Then move up a level to the next set of poker stakes tables but don’t bet too high in the beginning, rather take it slow.
Remember, poker is a game of skill, if you want to play something simple and fun, rather head to the slots tables. That’s why it’s important to read up as much as you can on poker and online poker and why you should study and learn from your competitors.
Practice makes perfect. Keep playing, whether it’s free poker or low stakes poker, and only move up to medium stakes tables once you are more confident.