Nazara Technologies Launches Gaming Operations In Kenya


nazara-technologies-launches-gaming-operations-in-kenyaIndian based Nazara Technologies Ltd is a specialist mobile gaming software developer who is also actively involved in the distribution of mobile gaming across several markets THE Middle East, India, Africa and Latin America.

Nazara Teams Up With Domestic Provider

While Nazara is headquartered in India, its market presence in the Indian sub-continent is not as large as one would expect and that is primarily because of the stringent gaming laws in India. The mobile gaming developer has focused on international markets to distribute its list of impressive mobile games and its latest venture is into Kenya.

Nazara Technologies has teamed up with a local company to launch operations in Kenya. The new subsidiary is called NZ World and Nazara will own a 70 percent stake in the company while the Kenyan company will hold the remaining 30 percent stake.

In a statement, Manish Agarwal, CEO of Nazara Technologiessaid “Real money (games of chance) is not legal in India. It is a very big market in Africa and is the main reason why we are setting up a new entity in Kenya.

Kenya: One Of The Fastest Growing Market In Africa

Kenya is one of the fastest growing markets in Africa and there are a number of iGaming providers and casino game developers who are fighting for market share and looking to establish their presence in Kenya. Sports betting continues to be one of the most lucrative forms of online and mobile gaming.

The Betting Control Board of Kenya has already issued a betting license to NZ World that will allow the company to offer sports betting services, sports real money quiz games, daily fantasy sports and sports arcade games. NZ World has plans to go live in Kenya this month.

The launch comes at the perfect time as the 2018 FIFA World Cup is set to commence from June 14. There are a number of African nations taking part and NZ World is looking to capitalize on the World Cup craze.

Nazara has plans to expand its presence throughout Africa by teaming up with local operators. The company has plans to launch operations in Cameroon, Ghana and Nigeria in the near future.

Thobani Mkhize

Content Writer

455Written articles

Need a bonus? Thobani is your man! His area of expertise is bonuses, welcome bonuses, no deposit bonuses and much more. He scans the market to find ...continue reading

Fact-checked by: Lawrence Muller