Ithuba, South Africa’s National Lottery operators, recently rolled out a new game in its Sportstake series.
Learn more about Sportstake 4 and enjoy non-stop local and international league soccer action.
How to Play Sportstake 4:
- Playing Sportstake 4 means that you predict the first half (ie. 45 minutes) + the full-time score (ie. 90 minutes) – (1, X, 2) of four predetermined fixtures.
- The fixtures are drawn from various professional soccer leagues from around the globe.
- The objective is to predict who will win (the home team, the away team or if the game results in a draw).
- The betting slip will reflect the home team first, while the away team will be the second name.
- If your choice is 1: You predict that the home team will win.
- If your choice is X: You predict that the match will result in a draw.
- If your choice is 2: You predict that the away team will win.
- Once you make your choices, you pay for your betslip and receive a receipt.
- When the matches have been played, the results will be published, and you check if you’re a winner.
- Prizes are paid out over three divisions.
How Much Does a Sportstake 4 Ticket Cost?
The cost of each entry/board is R2.000 inclusive of VAT.
You can make as many entries as you want, although you cannot spend more than R2,000 per participant per day.
Important Things to Note About Sportstake 4:
- You can buy tickets up until 30 minutes before the start of the earliest match on the fixtures list.
- Results are recorded as the score at the end of the first 45-minute period and full-time score, and excludes extra time and penalty shootouts.
- There are no Multi-Draw options in Sportstake 4. This means that you can’t play for the same prediction on the same board for future draws.
How are the Prizes Divided?
If you manage to match 6, 7, or 8 outcomes, you can claim part of the winning pool in one of the three prize divisions, as follows:
|Prize Division||Matched Outcomes||Details||Rollovers|
|1||8||The player has correctly matched first half and full time results for all 8 outcomes (4 half time scores and 4 full time scores) on the fixture list.||If there are no winners in this division, the prize pool is rolled over to the next draw’s Prize Division 1|
|2||7||The player has correctly matched first half and full time results for 7 outcomes on the fixture list.||If there are no winners in this division, the prize rolls down to Division 3.|
|3||6||The player has correctly matched first half and full time results for 6 outcomes on the fixture list.||If there are no winners in division 2 and 3, the prize pool is rolled over to the next week’s Division 1.|