Sun International: New Regulations will Impact our Casinos
After South Africa’s President, Cyril Ramaphosa announced new lockdown regulations, the Sun International Group has said that it will continue to adhere to all new restrictions. However, SA’s leading casino and hospitality group added that the lockdown 3 laws would undoubtedly impact its properties.
Sun International’s group COO of hospitality, Graham Wood: “The additional restrictions and curfew will impact our hotels, resorts and casinos but we remain confident that our embedded COVID-19 health protocols will reduce the risk of transmission at our hotels, resorts and casinos and allow our guests and customers to have a great experience.”
In the meantime, Sun International said that it would continue to review the new regulations to understand the impact that they will have on its business.
Adjusted Level 3 Regulations:
• All indoor and outdoor gatherings are prohibited, except for funerals and other limited exceptions such as restaurants, museums, gyms and casinos.
• The nationwide curfew is extended from 9 pm to 6 am. Nobody is allowed out of their place of residence, except for permitted workers and medical or security emergencies.
• Non-essential establishments, including shops, restaurants, bars, casinos and all cultural venues, must close by 8 pm.
• It is compulsory for every person to wear a mask in a public space. Failure to do so could result in arrest or prosecution. No entry into public buildings or public transportation without a mask.
• The sale of alcohol from retail outlets and on-site consumption will not be allowed.
• No consuming of alcohol in public spaces such as parks and beaches.
• Social distancing needs to be enforced at all times, and sanitizers must be made available for use.
• The number of people cannot exceed 50% of a venue’s capacity, if it is too small to hold up to 50 people.
• Hotels and lodges are allowed to take full capacity of available rooms for accommodation as long as social distancing measures are in place.
• No spectators are allowed to attend sports matches.