Diners Club International Online Casinos
Diners Club International is effectively a niche credit card with specific implementations and a targeted user base. When we think of credit cards, card issuing giants such as Visa, Mastercard and Amex come to mind right away, but Diners Club International has them all beat in being the best lifestyle, travel, tourism and entertainment credit card on the planet. Why is that? Well, because most Diners Club International cards have lucrative reward programs based on a points system. They have partnerships with resorts, fine dining restaurants, spas, casino resorts and wineries, etc. and specialize in travel and entertainment expense management for both businesses and individuals.
The story of how Diners Club International came to be is certainly interesting. It started in 1950 when one Mr. Frank McNamara dined out, and only upon being presented with the bill, did he realize that he had forgotten to carry his wallet or any cash. His wife had to come to his rescue and picked up the tab. McNamara made a mental note to himself that he would never find himself in such a situation again and Diners Club International was born.
At first, as the name of the company suggests, these cards were only used at restaurants and then later expanded to become a full-fledged credit card that can be used internationally and more. Diners Club was the world’s first multipurpose charge card. In South Africa, Diners Club was established on 13th January 1956. Currently, Diners Club International Ltd. is a direct banking and payment services company which is owned by Discover Financial Services.
If you’re a Diners Club International card holder, and are looking to use your card at online casinos, you’ve come to the right place. You may have used your Diners Club card at land based casino resorts, but online casino gaming is a different ball game altogether. We’re going to give you all the information pertaining to Diners Club cards and online casino gaming in South Africa. Aside from listing the best SA friendly Diners Club online casinos, we also talk about how to use Diners Club at online casinos, the pros and cons, FAQs, etc.
Which Diners Club International Casinos do we Recommend for SA players?
Unfortunately, there are not an awful lot of online casinos that support Diners Club International. Online casinos are vastly commanded by Visa & MasterCard and to a lesser extent by Maestro and American Express.
Finding an online casino that supports Diners Card payments is going to be a bit of a challenge. Most casinos will only offer Visa and Mastercard bank cards, a few e-wallet options such as Skrill, Neteller, Bank Wire Transfers, etc.
However, we’ve done the research for you and shortlisted the few online casinos where you can use your Diners Club International card to make deposits and fund your online casino activity. Thankfully, even though the list of casinos that support Diners Club is relatively short, it is full of well established online casinos including the biggest online casino brands such as William Hill, Bet365, etc.
The list of recommended Diners Club online casinos below has been compiled after a lot of research, testing, quality checks and more. When you sign up at these casinos, you get a lot more than just the ability to pay with your Diners Club card. Firstly, these are all licensed and regulated online casinos which are safe, fair and trustworthy and in addition – they offer extensive game catalogues, rewarding promotions, VIP clubs, various banking options, quick withdrawals and 24/7 customer support.
How does Diners Club International Work?
Diners Club International works just like any other credit card would. Using your Diners Club credit card is pretty simple. If you are using it at a land-based merchant, you can present the physical card to authorize the payment. If you are using the card at an online merchant, you can make payments simply by typing in the card number, expiration date, security code, etc.
Depending on which particular card you have and how it is set up, you may have to undergo two – factor authentication to authorize online payments. As we mentioned, the only challenge in using your Diners Club International card at an online casino is finding an online casino which is compatible with this card type.
Applying for a Diners Club International card in South Africa
South African nationals and residents with an annual income over R500,000 and who travel, dine out and holiday often can really benefit from using a Diners Club International Platinum Card. For individuals, apart from the Platinum Card, Diners also offers a Beyond Card and a Prive Card. In terms of business solutions, Diners Club International is a top choice for expense management. Their business services include business cards (corporate card, courier card), lodged travel accounts and value-added services such as virtual cards, data management, insurance, rewards and lounge access.
Diners Club International card users also get exclusive privileges in partner establishments in over 65 countries. In South Africa alone, card holders get offers and VIP deals at venues like Ulusaba Private Game Reserve in Mpumalanga, The Oyster Box in Durban, One&Only Cape Town, Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa in Johannesburg and Sandton, Birkenhead House in Hermanus, Belmond Mount Nelson Hoten in Cape Town, Azura Benguerra Island and several other establishments. Furthermore, when South Africans purchase return public conveyance ticket on their Diners Club Cards, they automatically receive basic travel insurance.
The Diners Club South Africa App gives users a full control on all their accounts from anywhere and at any time. Diners have also recently launched a SnapScap mobile payments app which is handy for quick, safe and secure payments triggered with just a scan.
Do you fit the bill? Would you benefit from a Diners Clun International Card? Here’s how you can get a Diners Club International Card in South Africa.
The official partner of Diners Club International in South Africa is Standard Bank. For individuals, the primary card available is called the Platinum Card. You can apply for the Platinum Card in person by visiting a Standard Bank branch near you. South African citizens will need to carry their national ID, proof of residence documents and income tax related documents as well. Foreigners residing in South Africa may apply with a passport.
Alternatively, you can also apply for a Diners Club international credit card online via the Diners Club website, here are the steps for the making the online application:
- Visit the Diners Club International South Africa website – https://dinersclub.co.za/
- Click on the ‘Join the Club’ button on the top right section of the home screen
- Under individual solutions, you have three credit card options –Credit card, Shari’ah Credit Card and Beyond Credit Card.
- Click on the card you would like to apply for
- Click on Start New to start the application process from scratch
- Keep the following documentation ready – Identity documents, proof of residence (utility bill not older than 3 months), 3 months bank statements, latest payslip and an ITA 34 Tax Assessment form if you own a business.
- Fill out the application form, you will need to provide following contact details – cell Number, email address and following personal details – title, initials, first name, last sur name, ID type, marital status and ethnic group, then click on continue.
- Enter your address and postal address and click on continue
- Enter your total gross monthly income, total monthly net income and total monthly expenses and click on continue (minimum of R41677 per month is required to apply)
- You will need to declare if you are a public official in a position of authority and then agree to the following – 1. That you are not under debt counselling, debt review, administration or sequestration and that you have not committed an act of insolvency. 2. You consent to Diners Club processing the information you have provided in a lawful and reasonable way in order to provide you with the product or service you are applying.
- Mention how you would like to receive your legal documentation – registered mail or hand delivery
- Agree to the privacy statement and the click on continue
- You will now receive a message stating that your application is under process and you get a reference number. You will hear back from Diners Club to proceed with the application, document verification and once your application is approved, you will receive your Diners Club credit card, welcome to the club!
How to make online casino deposits using Diners Club International?
- Login to your online casino account
- Click on the cashier icon and then select the deposit tab
- Choose Diners Club as your preferred method of payment
- Enter the deposit amount and any other details requested such as card number, expiration date, security code, etc.
- You will now be taken to the secure authorization page where you can enter your pin or password to authorize the transaction
- The deposit is processed immediately and your cashier balance will reflect the newly deposit amount
How to cashout online casino winnings with Diners Club International?
Unfortunately, even if you are able to make a deposit at an online casino using Diners Club, you will not be able to make a withdrawal to your Diners Club card. This is similar to Mastercard credit cards where you can make deposits at online casinos, but not withdrawals.
If you’ve used your Diners Club to make a deposit and now need to withdraw your winnings or balance amount, you can opt for alternative banking methods such as other credit cards (Visa), or e-wallets such as Neteller, Skrill or fund transfer services such as Instant EFT or Easy EFT.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Diners Club International
A Diners Club card has lots of rewards potential and other benefits
Standard Bank is the official SA partner of Diners Club International
Deposits made using Diners Club at online casinos are processed immediately and available in casino balance right away
Use business or personal account as per your needs
Easy to use online and card can be saved for quicker access in the future
Highly secure and reliable payment processor which is available at the most high-profile online casinos world wide
Lots of offers for card holders at partner establishments
Only a handful of online casinos support Diners Club International
In order to have a Diners Club International credit card, you need to be pretty well to do
Cannot withdraw your online casino winnings using Diners Club International Cards
Processing and maintenance fees are comparatively higher
Frequently Asked Questions about Diners Club International
What is the minimum repayment for Diners Club International Credit Cards?
This can vary depending on your specific credit card. However, some of the new Diners Club cards which are being issued come with a minimum repayment of just 3% per month.
I have forgotten my Diners Club credit card PIN. How can I make a deposit at my online casino?
If you cannot recall your PIN number, you may still be able to make a deposit at online casinos where you may not be prompted for the PIN at all. However, we suggest resetting your PIN number at the earliest. In order to reset your PIN, you can simply call 0860 346 377 (if you are within SA) or +27 11 358 5406 (if outside SA) and follow the IVR prompts in order to reset your PIN number. The process will involve entering your registered cell phone number and then entering a 5 – digit one time security code which is sent to your registered number.
I deposited money at an online casino using my Diners Club card, but cannot make a withdrawal. What can I do?
Even if you have made a deposit at an online casino using Diners Club International credit card, withdrawals are not supported on these cards. In order to withdraw your money, you will have to use another alternatively banking option such as a different credit card, e – wallets or electronic fund transfer.
Does Diners Club have a mobile app?
Yes, Diners Club has an app especially for South Africa which is simply called the Diners Club South Africa App. The app is available on Google Play and the iTunes App Store.